The purpose of the Police Officers’ Association of Nebraska is to:
- Promote the general welfare of law enforcement in Nebraska.
- Develop closer personal and official relationships among law enforcement personnel.
- Foster a steadfast resolution in all people to protect the rights, liberties, and welfare of the people.
- Raise the standards of law enforcement and the personnel connected therewith.
- Provide continuing education and training for law enforcement.
- Disseminate new materials and methods in law enforcement.
- Encourage recognition of law enforcement as a professional work entitled to commensurate respect.
- Advocate and encourage legislation for the improvement of law enforcement work and for the benefit of its personnel
- Help defray the burial expenses of its members.