Police Officers' Association of Nebraska Officer of the Year
**Nomination forms are due July 1, 2019.
Please mail forms to:
Lieutenant Glen Still
Fremont Police Department
2082 Irene St.
Fremont, NE 68025
To recognize the accomplishments and deeds of individual law enforcement officers.
Any active commissioned law enforcement officer or had been within the past year.
To be nominated for the Officer of the Year Award the person may meet:
- Exemplary service; or
- Excellence in police work, or outstanding performance of duties under unusual, complicated, or hazardous conditions; or
- Outstanding performance over a prolonged period of time or for designing and implementing exemplary problem solving projects in cooperation with the community; or
- Awarded for heroic deed of courage at risk of personal safety, or for meritorious service above and beyond the call of duty in assignments of great responsibility; or
- Awarded for conspicuous act of gallantry and heroism, in circumstances where the officer was fully aware of the threat and acted at the risk of life and limb.
May be made by any regular member of the organization and shall include at least the following information:
- Name and address of nominee
- Department or Agency
- Position/current or past
- Narrative of action(s) or contribution(s) to law enforcement or organization
- Person submitting
- Others supporting the nomination
The selection from those nominated will be done by the Awards Committee: selection committee appointed yearly by the organization’s President. The committee will consist of at least 3 members and no more than 5. One of those appointed will be designated as the Chairperson.
The award will be presented at the organization’s annual conference.